Twas the 8th of October, nothing stirred, not even an ogre. No wait that's a lie, the front of Vector was crammed. Paramore was playing there, but meh, I was there to see their fronters, Relient K. Woo! These guys were the first band I ever listened to, and this has only been their second time in NZ, so I couldn't miss out on this chance to see 'em. Well, I almost did actually, but that's not important. I cruised in there with Becky, Harry, and... Mrs. Harry. I always forget her name. I'm sorry.
The Harries had seated tickets, but Becky managed to get some standing tickets off trademe. Which was a teeny bit dodge.
We got in just in time to see some random ass NZ band finish up. I remember the drummer looking very enthusiastic. He just looked so stoked to be whacking those cylinders.
Relient K came on and we decided it was time to get the front. Unfortunatly the front was blocked by a million sweaty backs, so we got as close as we could, which was a few metres from the front, but may as well have been a few miles. We got stuck behind some rambunctious big dudes and didn't move much after that.
During their last song I decided I wasn't gonna stand idly by and let a chance to rock out publicly slip away from me. I just went nuts. I managed to carve out my own circle to flail in. I was chuffed with that, since a few seconds prior I could barely move, I now had enough space to kick and windmill. Although that did come at the price of a few little girls getting pissed I was moshing in a mosh pit. A couple bros gave me some chest bumps etc though for goin nuts and they tried helpin me to the front.
![]() |
| Matt Thiessen |
![]() |
| Matt Thiessen/Ethan Luck/Matt Hoopes |




No comments:
Post a Comment