I accidentally went and got Farcry 4 on a whim the other day (Pixel art commissions have been good to me.)
I liked the first Farcry back in the day, and then loved Farcry 2 because it was such a massive departure from the first and was a unique game at the time. It captured something visceral and alive that was missing from linear games. Also the antagonist was great.
Farycry 3 brought the game up to modern standards and brought another awesome antagonist I didn't even finish that game but it was great fun. I got everything I needed out of it. Also I had the ending sort of spoiled for me so I felt no need to complete the dudes little journey into being a bad ass and getting his friends off the island.
Then Farcry 4 came out waaaay too soon. Like, Assassins Creed too soon. And no shit, it's pretty much FC3.5. Or three or four Steam mods. "Lots of Animals Pack" + "Nepal reskin mod".
So if you've played Farcry 3 then wait until you feel like playing it again and then get FC4. That's my recommendation.
I really loved the aesthetics of this one section of the game so I had to upload the screenshots. My settings aren't fully cranked. I've got it set to "High". That's about two settings from Ultra or whatever.
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment